In California, Latinos make up about 34% of the adult population, but only about 17% of adult Latinos are likely to vote. HOPE wants to change that statistic and help make history by having the largest Latina voter turnout ever in California. With increased Latino voter turnout, we can make significant changes that will reshape not only our communities, but the entire state.
Have your voice heard this election cycle by joining the #HOPEVotes2016 movement and challenging friends and family to register and vote. Participation in the #HOPEvotes2016 Movement is simple, just follow these 3 easy steps below and get others registered and to the polls!
- Download and save the #HOPEvotes2016 social media image below
- Post a message on social media encouraging other to register to vote. Make sure to include the following link: http://bit.ly/HOPEvotes2016 and hashtag #HOPEvotes2016
- Tag 10 friends and family members to encourage them to register and join the movement.
With your help we can get 2,016 Latinas registered to vote and make history during this important election!
Online voter registration is available from your phone, desktop or tablet!
HOPE.ACT.VOTE., a program under HOPE.ACT., aims to mobilize California's 1.6 million Latina registered voters to become informed citizens, effective policy advocates, and active civic participants through an interactive online advocacy center. HAV will create an impact among Latina leaders by leveraging contacts in the HOPE.AC. network around a specific community issues and connecting to key influencers who will be part of this process. HAV will empower Latinas in 3 key ways:
- Register them to vote or getting other Latinas to register to vote
- Contacting elected officials
- Taking action on important legislation affecting affecting Latinas by becoming a "Change Agent"